15 Part-time Jobs That Pay $30 An Hour in Calgary, AB
How to find high-paying part-time jobs in Calgary, Alberta
Most people think that part-time jobs are generally low-paying because you don’t spend all day doing them. But the truth is, there are so many part-time jobs that pay well and you don’t have to be stuck at the office all day.
Additionally, there are some full-time jobs that can potentially become part-time jobs if; there is an agreement between the employer and employee or the employer needs to fill a particular position part-time.
In this article, we will be looking at some of these high-paying part-time jobs in Calgary, Alberta.
You can find these jobs on the Workopolis job board by filtering your jobs search by Job and Pay type.
Here’s the full list of 645 jobs in Calgary Alberta hiring now. Note our jobs feed is updated daily, so the results will change. For a quick sample, see below for our quick picks of part-time jobs in Calgary that pay $30 an hour.
Handyman ($16 – $60/hr)
A handyman is a person that performs a wide range of maintenance and repair duties in a building. Hence, a handyman needs to be able to work with his hands and learn to perform a wide range of tasks depending on his employers.
A handyman can be a skilled tradesperson or one with knowledge of basic maintenance because they will make minor repairs to furniture and equipment and recommend more skilled workers when the need arises.
- Have the ability to read building plans and blueprints
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Have good knowledge of basic electrical equipment maintenance and repair
Painter / Prepper ($20 – $40/hr)
Painters are responsible for painting the interior and exterior of buildings and other structures to improve the appearance and also protect from things like rust and corrosion.
Therefore, a painter must know what type of paint to use for any surface, and the ways to ensure it is long-lasting and also ensure it is pleasing to the eyes.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail
- Should have a good artistic eye.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of ways to blend different colors to get the desired effect, and also the way to remove old paint.
- Knowledge of the market and best prices
- Good planning and organizational skills
Carpenter ($20 – $45/hr)
A carpenter is skilled in woodwork and uses wood to repair and build structures. Carpenters are responsible for identifying the right type of wood and other tools needed to make repairs, build furniture and carry out maintenance on wooden structures.
Carpenters can work independently or in factories and workshops. They are also responsible for wood-related jobs on a construction site.
- Should be very creative
- Must be able to make and implement woodwork designs
- Able to make use of carpentry tools effectively
- Knowledge of building regulations and safety procedures
Remodeler ($30 – $45/hr)
A remodeler works in a building during its renovation carrying out carpentry, painting and other duties. Hence, remodelers must have a good knowledge of various skilled trades.
Remodelers perform their duties in accordance with the client’s directions. They also have a strong knowledge of budling regulations and can advise their employers on the right way to go.
- Ability to carry out complex repairs in a building unlike handymen
- Should be licensed
- Must have basic math skills and be able to read building plans and blueprints
- Must be able to use hand tools and complex equipment
- Must be willing and able to learn new skills and take on new tasks in the renovation
Dental assistant ($21 – $35/hr)
Dental help to provide good dental health care to patients by assisting a dentist in various tasks. Such tasks include educating patients on good dental care, organizing the dentist’s workspace, preparing the tools needed for a dental procedure and scheduling appointments.
If you have prior experience in dental care or customer-facing roles, then a job as a dental assistant will be a good fit. Dental assistants work in shifts, hence making the role a prefect part-time job to earn and learn from dental experts.
- Able to perform office tasks and schedule appointments
- Good knowledge of oral hygiene
- Knowledge of dental tools and instruments and how to maintain them
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Photographer / Videographer ($20 – $100/hr)
Photographers make use of film or digital cameras and other photography equipment to take pictures. Photographers work in different locations depending on the job description.
Photographers are trained to take pictures with the right photography equipment to get the desired result. Photographers have diverse specializations, such as studio, nature, event and portrait photography.
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Must have some photography training and experience
- Must be able to lift, assemble, use and maintain photography equipment.
Snowplow driver ($15 – $45/hr)
A snowplow driver is responsible for driving and operating machinery and equipment used to clear roads and streets after a snowfall.
Snowplow drivers are employed by the city, state or estate and can also perform other duties like shoveling the snow and maintenance of their equipment.
- Must be physically sound and able to work under extreme weather conditions
- Able to drive and operate snowplows at any time of the day or night
Sports coach ($16 – $75/hr)
Sports coaches work with sports teams to train the players, manage the structures and help in the day-to-day running of the sports team.
Every sports team has different coaches based on their roles. For example, the fitness coach is in charge of exercise drills and the equipment used.
Coaches can also be employed by high schools and universities to manage and train their sports teams.
- Must have strong tactical knowledge of the sport
- Must be physically fit
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Should have basic knowledge of another language
- Must have good leadership skills and be able to work with schedules and manage people.
Housekeeper ($15 – $35/hr)
Housekeepers are in charge of keeping an office or home neat and tidy. They perform different tasks to ensure that a particular space is in order. They are required to clean, do laundry, buy groceries and supplies and perform minor repairs in the house.
Housekeepers can be employed permanently or work independently in homes and office buildings.
- Must be able to operate and maintain cleaning equipment
- Attention to detail and thorough
- Must be able to perform tasks without supervision
- Good communication and time management skills
Content writer ($28 – $40/hr)
Content writers can work as freelancers or be employed by a business to write online articles and publications. These publications are used to attract more customers to the business.
Content writers make use of different online platforms and may not need to work on-site to write. They work with the marketing team to create content and ads to be displayed on all social media platforms.
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be able to research and come up with new content ideas
- Time management skills
- Must have knowledge of SEO and how to drive traffic
Tutor ($15 – $52/hr)
Tutors help educate and assist students with their schoolwork by providing extra lessons. Tutors can be employed to come to the home of their employers or work online.
Although tutors are mostly formula teachers in their field, many aren’t. If you have a good command of a particular subject and can assist students, then you can take up a job as a tutor.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Able to work with children
- Problem-solving skills and creativity
- Knowledge of learning and educational procedures
Dispatcher ($18 – $32/hr)
Dispatchers work in the transportation industry to ensure the delivery of transportation of people and goods. They communicate with drivers in charge of goods to ensure that deliveries are carried out properly. They also help to resolve any issue concerning vehicles in transit or delayed delivery.
Dispatchers also make use of tracking devices and other software to monitor vehicles and deliveries in transit.`
- Good communication skills
- Must have customer service skills to be able to interact with customers
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills and knowledge of GPS systems
Construction labourer ($18 – $35/hr)
Construction labourers do diverse tasks on a construction site to ensure that the construction process goes on problem-free and according to plan.
Construction labourers perform tasks like general cleaning of the site, operation of machinery used for construction, lifting of heavy objects and running errands for the supervisors.
- Must be physically sound to be able to lift heavy objects and operate machinery
- Able to work in any weather and at heights
- Able to take instructions and carry out tasks thoroughly
Behaviour support worker ($21 – $38/hr)
Behaviour support workers are social workers that are employed by schools or organizations to collect data on behaviour and reaction of individuals to various factors in the workplace. This data is studied and used to make decisions that improve the workplace atmosphere.
Behaviour support workers help in the decision-making process to identify traits that may or may not be useful to the business and ways to manage them.
- Able to work with children and special needs individuals
- Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good people management skills
- Excellent knowledge of the concepts of Positive Behaviour Support
Security guard ($15 – $30/hr)
The job of a security officer or guard is to protect lives and property in an establishment or residential area. They ensure their area of responsibility is secured from theft, damage or any violent activities.
Security guards report any suspicious persons or activities to law enforcement and also operate surveillance equipment in any area.
- Able to confront people and diffuse heated situations
- Must be physically sound to protect lives and property
- Knowledge of surveillance equipment
- Must be very safety conscious and aware
- Attention to detail and good communication skills
If you are interested in searching and applying for more part-time jobs in Calgary, AB, log on to the Workopolis job search page.