Six surprisingly high paying jobs
Last week we looked at the highest and lowest paying jobs in Canada. As a well-timed follow-up to that, staffing firms Robert Half and The Creative Group have just released a new list of six career options that can pay over $100,000.
In good news for those of us not the big bosses of firms or in the financial sector, these well-paying jobs aren’t just for bankers, insurance folks and executives.
Six jobs in technology and design that can earn you over $100k:
1. Mobile applications developer: The rise in popularity of tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices, means more and more companies are developing apps for multiple mobile operating systems. The average starting salaries for mobile app developers range from $72,500 to $102,750.
2. Data security analyst: Companies are more and more concerned with online security threats. This makes the people who can analyse, predict and mitigate those risks in high-demand. They can pull in between $83,250 and $124,500, on average.
3. Interactive creative director: These are the people who lead interactive creative teams made-up of designers, writers and art directors, who together are responsible for visual and conceptual creative direction and user experience. Their average base salary is between $95,000 to $140,000.
4. Business systems analyst: Companies are trying to improve their strategies by collecting more information about their customers, and they need the people who can analyse complex business problems and evaluate how to solve them. The average starting salaries for these people range from $78,500 to $108,750.
5. Information architect: IAs help to define a website’s content strategy and design, as well as evaluate audience needs and behaviour to improve the site’s navigation and layout. People in this position usually earn between $90,000 and $140,000.
6. User experience (UX) designer: Because so much business is taking place over the Internet now, companies have a growing need for professionals who can help generate positive online experiences for their customers. The average starting pay range for user experience designers is between $80,000 to $120,000.
These salaries are Canadian national averages from the 2012 Salary Guides for Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group. Actual salary ranges vary according to city or province.
Source: Six Surprising Six-Figure Jobs: Robert Half Research Reveals Positions With High Earning Potential