Working from home is ideal in a lot of ways for a lot of people. No morning rush, no rush hour commute, you can spend whole days in your pyjamas with a cat on your lap if that’s your thing. You can get your work done on a schedule that suits the rest of your life.
The tough part is finding a job you can do from home that also pays well.
Earlier this year Flexjobs teamed with our friends at Payscale to create a list of high-paying work-from-home jobs. The job titles are positions that have been posted as full-time, at-home positions.
We took the same jobs and looked at their average salaries on the Canadian market.
10 high paying work-from-home jobs:
10. Director of Education – $72,422
Education directors shape the curricula and teaching processes in a school or school district, or run educational programs at non-school settings, such as museums, businesses and non-profits. They also provide guidance to teachers, school administrators and support staff.
9. Senior Business Analyst – $75,587
A Business Analyst is someone who analyzes an organization and “designs its processes and systems, assessing the business model and its integration with technology.”
8. Director of Business Operations – $90,161
The Director of Operations ensures that a company’s day-to-day activities run smoothly, by, (as the title implies) directing the operations.
7. Government Affairs Director – $100,616
Government affairs managers are public relations specialists who coordinate legislative efforts by working with the provincial, municipal, and federal governments as well as the media.
6. Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – $121,894
The CFO oversees all the financial activities of an organization.
5. Regional Vice President – $128,637
The Regional VP is second in command to the President of a business, regionally. Since they work in a branch location where there often is no office, they work most of the time from home.
4. Chief Operations Officer (COO) – $100,816
The COO is in charge of running operations and reporting to the head honcho.
3. Vice President Marketing – $126,518
The VP of Marketing is a member of the executive team responsible for overseeing all of an organization’s marketing activities.
2. Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – $131,806
The CEO is the big cheese, the highest ranking individual in a company. The CEO is in charge of strategies, big decisions, and managing overall operations, as well as reporting to the Board of Directors.
1. Medical Director – $237,819
The Medical Director, “Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s medical policies and programs. Responsible for strategic clinical relationships with physicians. Oversees the development of the clinical content in marketing materials. Ensures all clinical programs are in compliance. Writes research publications to support clinical service offerings. Requires a degree in medicine with at least 15 years of experience. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.” [Source.]
It’s no surprise that these jobs all pay well since they’re all high-ranking executive positions. If you’re not in a position to land one of them, here’s a list of high paying work from home jobs that we previously published as they were listed on Forbes.com, and their average Canadian salaries (where possible, updated as of 2014).
(Note: you might wonder how physicians and radiologists work from home, these medical professionals can act as consultants in a variety of capacities. A nurse might do telephone triage.)
Ten more well-paying jobs that can be done from home:
- Physician/Radiologist – $193,364 [View jobs]
- Computer Software Engineer – $79,982 [View jobs]
- Financial Manager – $61,552 [View jobs]
- Registered Nurse – $60,000 [View jobs]
- Postsecondary Teacher – $59,000 [View jobs]
- Public Relations Specialists – $50,191 [View jobs]
- Market Researcher – $45,781 [View jobs]
- Graphic Designers – $40,905 [View jobs]
- Writer – $40,797 [View jobs]
- Tax Preparers – $26,000 [View jobs]
– Follow Workopolis on Twitter
– Sign up for the Workopolis Weekly newsletter