Unique jobs you can find on Workopolis right now
As Canada’s largest online job site, we have seen thousands of different jobs in the market and thanks to technology and changing consumer needs, it seems like new jobs are popping up every day. We did a scan of the jobs we have listed on our platform right now and pulled together the most unique jobs you can apply for on our site.
Head Brewer at Labatt
We recently took a look at an amazing job for wine lovers. Well this is probably every beer-drinker’s dream job. Imagine getting to drink, test, and make beer all day long? And get paid for it for that matter! Part brand ambassador and part general manager, the Head Brewer is responsible for brewing new brands under the Labatt name. Talk about a conversation starter at dinner parties.
Head Brewer average annual salary: $45,000
- University degree in Engineering or Science
- Brewing Diploma (Institute & Guild of Brewing Associate or equivalent courses) an asset
- 2-3 years direct brewing experience in an industrial capacity
Senior Conservator – Organic Materials / Ethnographic Objects at the Royal Ontario Museum
If you’re a history or anthropology buff then this job is for you. As the senior conservator, you will be responsible for the preservation of over 50,000 artifacts representing indigenous communities from Africa, North and South America, Asia, and Oceania. As the senior conservator you will have many different responsibilities, including: public consultation, programming, training interns, and social media engagement.
Curator average annual salary: $57,000
- At least three (3) years of recent work in a museum setting (preferred).
- Proven knowledge of, and experience with, the wide range of organic materials, including ethnographic materials and techniques as outlined above; their physical, chemical and biological deterioration; and current practices in their examination, treatment and preservation in storage and on display.
- Awareness of the significance of cultural and historical contexts and sensitivities.
Bingo Coordinator at Gateway
Bet that made you giggle. Don’t be fooled though, only serious applicants need apply. Who knew you could get paid to play a favoured pasttime? Working alongside team members you will ensure the success of operations at bingo events. If you love meeting new people, are friendly, and of course work well under pressure then this job is definitely for you.
Bingo Coordinator Average annual salary: $23,000
- 2 years of supervisory work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year of bingo experience
- Serving It Right Certificate completed prior to start date
Hockey Operations Manager at Baycrest
Hello out there! We’re on the air, it’s hockey night tonight…
This might just be every (or at least the large majority) Canadian’s dream. Not only do you get to manage and run a hockey tournament, it’s for a good cause. As the hockey operations manager you will be responsible for collaborating between participants, partners, colleagues, volunteers, event committees, and brand ambassadors.
Operations manager average annual salary: $66,000
- Experience in a past fundraising event role is required
- Minimum 5-7 years in a professional event planning/fundraising environment
- Experience working with a hockey or other large sporting event property
Product Developer, Children’s wear at Joe Fresh
Imagine being able to design clothes all day? Or being paid to stay up to date on the latest trends? That’s exactly what life would be like as a product developer for Joe Fresh. On a daily basis you will be adding your input on trend, styles, and colours to the VP and creative director. Couldn’t be a bad gig working for one of Canada’s biggest brands and getting to see the fruits of your labour out on the streets.
Product Developer average annual salary: $75,000
. Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
. 5-7 years working experience
. 3-5 years supervisory experience
. Parson’s school in New York, Ryerson’s Fashion Design program is first choice
*Average salary information pulled from Payscale